- Born:23 September 1936 (82 years)
German judoka Matthias Schießleder was the 1960 European Champion and won bronze in 1959. In 1963 he was in the European team final with the West German team. Schießleder won 5 West German titles U70 and U80kg 1955-1961. The judoka from Essen has the 9th Dan Grade. Honorary member of the board of the German Judo Federation.
Competitions - Medal overview B S G
- Continental Championships 101
- European Team Championships 010
- European Club Championships 010
- International Tournaments 101
- National Championships Seniors 005