- Country:United States
- Born:14 March 1987 (31 years)
Janine Nakao trained in Boston for 6 years. She earned a black belt at 14 and was on the national stage at 16. Two years after graduating high school, the 5-foot-5 Nakao won the senior national title. She was a silver medalist for the United States at the Pam American Championships in 2010. In 2012, shoulder surgery ended her dream to make the 2012 Olympic team. A year later she tore her ACL, keeping her from making a fifth appearance on the World Championship team. She won 4 World Cup medals.
Competitions - Medal overview B S G
- Continental Championships 010
- World Cups/Continental Open 220
- International Tournaments 302
- National Championships Seniors 214